Imperial Eagle Lodge is surrounded by the gorgeous Canadian wilderness, providing wide open acres of peace and serenity, as well as flourishing hunting grounds. Bamfield, BC is accessible via multiple transportation modes. Start your vacation faster and enjoy the great outdoors.
If you are traveling by car, frequently traveled & maintained roads will take you from Port Alberni to Bamfield.
If you prefer to travel by plane or by boat, the lodge is located on the shore with access to ferries, or you can fly directly to the dock by float plane.
Car from Nanaimo to Port Alberni
- Distance ~85 km with travel time between 1h 10m to 1h 20m
- Drive northbound on the Island Highway (Highway #19)
- Take exit #60 to Port Alberni (Highway #4) (google map)
- Once arrive in outskirts of Port Alberni, take left-hand exit towards Bamfield (google map)
Car from Port Alberni to Bamfield
- Distance ~90 km with travel time ~1h 45m to 2h
- Once in Port Alberni, fill up gas and check your car & tires!
- Just before 10th Avenue, follow signs & make left turn towards Bamfield (google map)
- Left turn on Argyle St (google map)
- Right turn on Anderson Ave (google map)
- Left turn on Franklin River Rd (google map)
- Follow Franklin River Rd & signs towards Bamfield, road will turn into Bamfield Main Road
- This public/private logging road (gravel) is maintained and in good shape
- There is no rest stop and cellphone reception is limited until you reach Bamfield
- Free street parking is available in Bamfield
- Logging Road Conditions to/from Bamfield: —–>> Facebook page of WFP Road Info
Ferries to Vancouver Island
From Vancouver to Nanaimo: BC Ferries runs from Horseshoe Bay (West Vancouver) to Departure Bay (Nanaimo). Crossing time ~1h 40m
From Vancouver to Nanaimo: BC Ferries runs from Tsawwassen to Duke Point (Nanaimo). Crossing time ~2h
From Vancouver to Victoria: BC Ferries runs from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay (Victoria). Crossing time ~ 1h 35m
BC Ferries schedule information —–>> BC Ferries Website
From US – Anacortes, WA: Washington State Ferry from Anacortes, WA to Sidney, BC (near Victoria). Crossing time ~3 hours (http://www.wsdot.com/ferries/schedule/)
From US, Port Angeles, WA: Black Ball Ferry from Port Angeles, WA to Victoria, BC (Downtown). Corssing time ~90 mins (https://www.cohoferry.com/Schedule)
Ferry from Port Alberni to Bamfield
From Port Alberni to Bamfield: Lady Rose Marine Services have (scenic!) ferry and freight service to/from Bamfield three times weekly (Tues, Thurs, Sat). Additional sailings during the summer months. Crossing time ~3.5h to 4.5h (https://www.ladyrosemarine.com/schedule-rates)
Flights to Bamfield
Bus service to Bamfield from Victoria & Nanaimo
West Coast Trail Express picks up from Victoria & Nanaimo between May to September. (http://trailbus.com/west-coast-trail-schedule/)
Your own boat via Port Alberni:
Clutesi Haven Marina has a boat launch in Port Alberni. Boating takes about 60-90 mins (depending on tides & weather) through the Alberni Inlet to Bamfield. Ask us for further details.